Oak Park, California
Oak Park is a census-designated place located in the Simi Hills, in Ventura County, California. As of the 2010 census, Oak Park had a population of 14,266, down from 14,625 at the 2000 census. It is located in the Conejo Valley, north from Malibu and Agoura Hills and is a part of Ventura County.
Oak Park Unified School District
The community was initially served by the Simi Valley Unified School District, with the nearest post-elementary schools being Sinaloa Junior High (about 20 miles (32 km) away) and Royal High (about 22 (35 km) miles away). Since the Simi Valley Unified School District had no plans to build post-elementary schools in Oak Park, the residents seceded and formed Oak Park Unified School District in June 1977.
In 1999 the United States Postal Service assigned Oak Park its own ZIP code, 91377. Oak Park previously shared the ZIP code 91301 with its neighboring town of Agoura Hills.
Like its namesake, the city is host to several meticulously, well-manicured community parks:
- Chaparral Park, 217 North Medea Creel Ln., Oak Park, California, 91377
- Deer Hill Park, 6700 Doubletree Road, Oak Park, California, 91377
- Eagle View, 1200 Hidden Springs Avenue, Oak Park, California, 91377
- Indian Springs Park, 4800 Rockfield, Oak Park, Calfornia, 91377
- Mae Boyer Park, 130 Kanan Road, Oak Park, California, 91377
- Medea Creek Park & Trail, Conifer & North Medea Creek Lane, Oak Park, 91377
- Oak Canyon Park, 5600 Hollytree Drive, Oak Park, California, 91377 (check out the Dog Park Here)
- Valley View Park, 100 Los Arcos Drive, Oak Park, California, 91377